Thursday, December 20, 2012

Giving the right gift!

The holiday season is upon us and I know buying gifts might be the hardest thing to do, but knowing the difference between a great gift and a horrible one is essential to maintaining a good bond.  Seriously people, a horrible gift can cause chaos and destruction! 

I myself have had some great Christmas gifts, and some pretty horrible ones!

Top 10 worst and best Christmas gifts.

Worst Gifts!

1.Socks- Can I scream now or should I save it for later?  It was Christmas '06 and my aunt pulled out a nicely wrapped gift bag.  I got excited beyond belief until I opened it. Socks, not even those cute holiday spirited ones, she gave me plain ole' Hanes socks! My face simply read "oh no, you shouldn't have, my favorite kind too!" I said it as sarcastic as I could.  Who buys a kid plain white socks on Christmas?!





2. Holiday card with no money- Let's be honest now, when handed a holiday or birthday card, don't you all expect money to fall out onto your lap? HUNDREDS & FIFTIES and HUNDREDS & FIFTIES! yeah, that wasn't the case.  Christmas '08 the same aunt who got me socks, gave me a goofy Christmas card with no money. What makes it even worse is that she didn't even write a nice message inside of it, she just signed it! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! 







3.Ugly Sweater- People make ugly sweaters a holiday tradition right?  Well one year I received the most atrocious sweater I had ever seen.  My best friend's mom got me a bright yellow sweater. This thing was itchy, bright, ugly, and did I mention itchy? The sweater was plain yellow and two sizes too big.  Have mercy on my soul fashion community.  








4.Ugly Doll- This gift wasn't given to me I SWEAR! but a friend of mine told me she received a bootleg Barbie doll one year.  That had to be horrible.  I bet she was thinking of buying her Barbie a playhouse, a cool little sports car and maybe even a puppy.  Again, this gift wasn't for me, I just grew up around a bunch of female cousins!  Would it have killed to get her a real doll? sheeeeesh! 







5.Nothing-  The only thing worse than getting a bootleg Barbie, is getting "nothing" for Christmas.  Isn't Christmas supposed to make people feel jolly and what not?  One year I received absolutely "nada".  What's the worst part you might ask?  My birthday is on Christmas, so talk about depressing.








Best Gifts! 


1. GTA San Andreas-  Guys love video games.  I was addicted to my PlayStation 2.  Nothing could tear us apart, a love like that is hard to find.  Christmas of '05 my mother got me GTA San Andreas and despite it being out for 6 months, unwrapping that gift  was amazing! Ladies take notes, a good video game goes a long way.  

(Warning, some of the material in this video game may be offensive, player discretion is advised)




2. Nike Uptempo 2-  Released in the mid 90's these sneakers were worn by many of the NBA's top stars.  The moment I laid eyes on these bad boys, I knew I had to have them.  I was fascinated with these sneakers.  I even had them as my wallpaper on my laptop.  Christmas of last year, I got them.




3.Mustang Replica- I was about seven when I received a Mustang replica toy car from my father.  This gift meant the most to me because I hadn't seen my father in quite some time.  I remember how excited I got when my mom told me that my father sent me something from the Dominican Republic.  This is still my favorite gift ever.







4.California Dreams-  Last year I had the opportunity to visit my sister in California for the second time.  It felt great to go out there on my birthday! I had a blast out there, but there is nothing like the east coast.  Nonetheless, any vacation is a good vacation. 








5.Heartfelt gift-  If you truly care about the person that gave you a gift, it will mean the world to you no matter what.  Christmas shouldn't be about material things. It doesn't  matter how extravagant or simple a gift is, if it comes from the heart it'll make it onto your best gift list.  


Happy Holidays! 

-LUJ

No comments:

Post a Comment