Saturday, April 6, 2013

Reaching The Top

I have to say, yesterday was a great day in my life.  I drove up to the Woodland Park campus with one goal in mind, picking up my diploma.  As I walked through the doors of advisement I knew this was it.  Sitting in a chair that I sat in three years ago when I made my first class schedule, I knew I made it. I signed a sheet of paper that said I received my diploma.  As I held it in my hands, I was rushed by emotions and memories.

I remembered the first time I sat in an English class thinking it was going to be torture.  To my surprise the class was great and I met one of the two people I call my best friends today.  When I was getting ready to leave the building I walked passed the Library and remembered all the early mornings I rushed there before class to print out a homework assignment, or to finish a quiz I forgot (procrastinated) about the night before.

The greatest feeling I have to say was driving through the exit of  the school.  We all decided to go to college to become a part of something greater than ourselves.  We want that education, the money, and the better future.

I sit here today posting this blog telling you guys that I did it, I survived college and here is the proof.



If I did it, so can you!

Catch you next time, 

L.U.J 



No comments:

Post a Comment