Sunday, April 21, 2013

Poznan by Bike


Today I did something for the first time since IҀve been in Poland. I packed up my camera gear and rented a bike to explore the city. And what a lovely day it was to be out. The Old Market Square was packed; the venders were selling fresh kielbasa, postcards, and an assortment of Polish themed tourist gifts. I was even able practice my Polish a bit when I bought a few gifts for the family back home. The city was alive, and for once, the sun stayed out for the duration of the day, an event that rarely seems to happen.

It was a well-needed escape from studying, which seems to be dominating my time recently. However, the most rewarding element of the day was the slow realization throughout the day of the significance of putting time aside just for myself. Life can be so busy for students. ItҀs easy to loose track of time in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, but itҀs important to remember to set time aside for self-care, whatever that may be for you. It can readjust your perspective and outlook and allow you to jump back into the rush of life with fresh legs and a smile on your face. My self-care today was pretty simple. It was just my camera, a bike, and myself. Oh, and some pretty damn good kielbasa.










No comments:

Post a Comment