Thursday, February 28, 2013

Importance of a Dream

Many times in college you change your mind about what you are going to study (What to major in).  One of the most important things in life is doing something you love.  There is no better feeling than achieving bliss or fulfillment.  Many people go to college just to get a degree, or to obtain a job that delivers plump checks.  What if you got all of that but were still unhappy?  Achieving happiness isn't impossible but the journey to it can prove to be exhausting.  

I like to keep a thought in mind.  When trying to reach a dream keep your eyes on the goal and forget about the obstacles.  Everyone goes through struggle and that part of life is inevitable.  The point when you  achieve a dream is what makes it all worth it.  

I found an article online that got me thinking.  Here are my top three favorite questions from the article.

1. How do you really know anything for sure?  

2. When you're 90 years old, what will matter to you the most?

3. When will you be good enough for you?  Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?


These were some of my favorite questions from the site because they make you think about the important things in life.  When I'm 90 years old the thing that will matter to me the most  is if I achieved my goal of writing multiple books.  Even if only one person reads them,  I would feel accomplished.  


This is the link to the website, go check out the rest of the questions.
18 thought provoking questions



I'll leave you guys with this, 

"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment