Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Daily Hacks

There are many situations when you say you are going to do something and for some reason (procrastination) you don't.  For example, you know you have to email your group the blueprint for a very important PowerPoint and for some reason you leave it for last minute.  I'm am DEFINITELY not speaking from experience....yeah I am.

My point is that we "know" the job has to be done but there is still that mental block that stops us from doing what needs to be done.  


The solution to these blocks is to create hacks, yup, brain hacks.  The types of hacks that will feel like ordinary habits, but are essentially helping you get the job done.  If you can get it into your mind that this is a "HACK" you can pull off some great things.




5 Brain Hacks

Hydration-  I know some of you are thinking, "really? water?"  and I couldn't be more serious.  Did you know that water is good for your skin, losing weight, gaining muscle, and even improving joint movement.  So ha! take that H2O haters! (I hope there isn't an actual cult out there who hates water, that's just weird).











Breakfast-  Eating healthy starts in the brain.  "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"  We've heard it our entire lives and anytime is the right time to start eating right.  For the last couple of weeks I've been on a mission to eat healthy and workout daily, besides Sundays Lord knows I need my break.  Eating a good breakfast gives you energy, and boosts your mood. 

My favorite breakfast is five egg whites, half an orange, two slices of wheat bread and a large cup of water, sounds good right?  






Stop Smoking-   I take pride in saying that I have never touched a cigarette or any of that "green stuff"  If you know what I mean.  Smoking is a bad habit that many people have.  We all know that the ultimate consequence of smoking is death so why not stop now?  Always remember that the battle starts from within.  If you can convince yourself that you want to live, then you'll stop smoking.  Here's a link to a website that has information on how you or anyone you know can stop smoking.  BeatingSmoking










Sleep- Oh how we love to sleep.  Snooze buttons around the world feel the wrath of the sleeping beasts we humans are.  The trick is to get just enough sleep to feel rested, and energized when you wake up.  Of course, this is easier said than done. Adults need approximately 7.5 hours of sleep, while teens need about 8 hours.   I can go some days with only four hours of sleep, but there are others where I walk around looking like an extra in "The Walking Dead".  








Brain Food-  Yes brain foods exist.  Eating right helps many things and if you feel like you're slacking when it comes to memory, energy, or even mood it might prove that your poor eating habits are to blame.  I have an entire post on "BrainFoods", go check it out! 


So there you have it, five hacks that can help any person out who needs that little pick me up.  Hope you enjoyed!

-L.U.J 






No comments:

Post a Comment