Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Roommate Experience


Today I had the chance to speak with a friend of mine and ask them a couple of questions about their roommate experience.  They decided to stay anonymous. 
  
  • What is the greatest aspect about having a roommate & why?

ӀI love the fact that you are not alone.  Living on campus was new to me.  The furthest IҀve ever been away from home was on random weekends when I would sleep over my best friendҀs house. Having a roommate allowed me to mature in the fact that I was away from home and had to be responsible for myself.  It was good to have someone living with me that I could talk to about classes and stuffԀ

  • What is one of your favorite memories about having a roommate?
  "It was the beginning of the winter quarter and like two weeks into it I got real sick.  I know this sounds corny but my roommate actually bought me soup for like the entire week until I felt better.  She cared and that mattered to me.Ԁ

  •      What advice would you give to a person who is looking to dorm or looking for a roommate?
    ӀLiving on campus is a GREAT experience.  Everything in life is what you make it.  If you come into it with a negative outlook, chances are you are going to have a bad time.  Most of the time you do not control who you dorm with, so for the most part, make the best of it.  Honestly though, if you do not like your roommate for any reason, request a transfer, when you fight over it, no one wins.Ԁ


I will be interviewing friends from around campus who have had a roommate or are looking for one.  People have different opinions, so this should be very interesting. 

Catch you next time, 

L.U.J

No comments:

Post a Comment