Monday, September 10, 2012

The Roommate Experience #2

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the second installment of The Roommate Experience.  Today I had a great time sitting and talking to a close friend of mine Carmen Rodriguez.  Carmen has been at Berkeley for about three years now.  We met in an English class, and have been close friends ever since.  Check out her interview!

What is one of your fondest memories about having a roommate?

-I loved the fact that I had the option of not only having a roommate, but that my roommate was my best friend as well.  I always knew I had someone to talk to no matter what.  She was there for me always and we helped each other out.  Although we both worked, we made the best of it.

Were you ever in a situation where you and your roommate were having problems communicating?   If so, how did you resolve the issue?

-No, not really an issue with my roommate, but with the other roommates yes.  We lived four to a dorm/apartment and we were all very different.  With our different personalities, it became difficult to handle issues at time.  Some hated confrontation while the others would take matters  into their own hands.  That is why I am no longer dorming.  It got too overwhelming.  Once I realized that talking it out wasn't working, I decided to leave.

Okay last question, this should be a little less serious.  Do you have a funny story about a time you got in trouble with a R.A?

-Yes I do! It was winter quarter, I wasn't with a roommate at the time I lived alone.  My friends and I decided to get a cake for a friend and sing him happy birthday in my room.  We asked a few people to come and when midnight struck they did!  We sang happy birthday and everything was going good until he went to blow out his "candles" (haha).  Just as he went to blow them out, his faced was mushed into the cake!  It turned into this huge cake fight.  Everyone was covered in cake.  My walls, ceiling, floor, bathroom, and even the hallways outside (don't ask me how).  The R.A's showed up and that's when things got serious.  They went and got the Supervisor in charge.  We all had to do community service.  It was fun, despite the clean up!

I had a great time interviewing Carmen, if you guys want to get to know her a little better and ask her about her cake story, check her out on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/carmen.alicia.129





No comments:

Post a Comment