Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's on my Playlist

I remember a while back I made a post on music and its influence, you can check it out here. The post had a couple of good reasons why music might help you get by school work and such.  I LOVE listening to music while pretty much doing everything.

Can you say CHEESY?!
If I could get ear buds surgically implanted into my head I might...on second thought that sounds a bit painful, how would I shower?

SHOCK!







Like many people, I have different playlists for different situations.  I wont listen to George Straight if I was working out, and If I were trying to relax I wouldn't put on some Ozzy Osbourne.

As of late I've been listening to some pretty mellowed out music.  I guess it's easier to get your creative juices flowing when you have slower music playing rather than hardcore stuff.  It works that way for me at least.


Here are the 10 songs in my "chill mode" playlist.


1.The Real Her- Drake has been killing the scene for a couple of years now and his "sentimental" side really helps him connect with the average fan.  Its not always about driving fast cars and taking lavish vacations.

2.The Weeknd-Same old song-  The Weeknd has become my favorite artist because of his "pour it all out" feelings.  His songs give an euphoric vibe that easily takes me away.

3.Kendrick Lamar-Sing about me, I'm dying of thrist-  Kendrick Lamar can easily be put in the category of Hip Hop savior.  This song in particular has a deep meaning to it that anyone can enjoy.

4. Nas-Roses A pioneer in Hip Hop I have to say I never really listened to Nas that much.  His recent Life is  Good album made me a fan.  The song roses is heartfelt and always helps me relax.

5.Leon Thomas III- Like Clay-  The first time I heard this kid was on an episode of iCarly, yeah I still watch nickelodeon. Since that episode I knew this kid had talent.  Late last year he released a mixtape called Metro Hearts, and I was instantly hooked.

6. Jhene Aiko-You vs. Them- Despite her BEAUTIFUL FACE, Jhene is such a talented artist.  If you want to take a trip, listen to her vocals.  I guarantee you'll find at least one song you'll love.

7. SBRTKT(Subtract)-Wildfire-  Thank you Pandora! I found this musical group on pandora and I loved what I heard.  The sound is a mix between dubstep, pop, rnb and UK funky.

8. The Weeknd-Coming down- Can you tell I'm a fan if I added him twice?  Well yeah, the music is that good!

9. Adele-He won't go-  It can't be a relaxing playlist without this Goddess! Anyone that has taste in music has to acknowledge the greatness that is Adele.

10. Sade-No Ordinary Love-  Another amazing songstress, Sade's voice is enchanting and there is always at least one of her songs on my playlist.

Well there you have it, The 10 songs I hear when I need to write a paper, or knock out a short story.

If you want to vibe out to my playlist click over there --->  AMAZINGNESS

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment