Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Roommate Experience #4

Welcome all to the fourth installment of the roommate experience.  If you don't know by now, this interview is used to ask students about their past roommate experiences.  Today's guest is friend of mine from the Woodland park campus, Shawn Reynolds.  



1. What's your major?  What would you like to pursue with it?

      "My major is Business Management Entrepreneurship.  Some day I would like to own and operate my own business using the skills that I learned in school.
   

2. What advice would you give to a new student at Berkeley who's shy but open to meeting new people?

      "I would tell the student to go to the events that our school runs and participate.  I am a shy person and that is how I met a lot of people.  Most of the people that go to the events are outgoing and fun to hang out with, so meeting new people shouldn't be a problem."
   

3. What's the funniest or most embarrassing moment you've had while living with a roommate?


         "Something crazy that happened to me was this one time that my old roommate would not stop starring at me for at least a week straight.  In our room there was a refrigerator right in the middle and right next to it was my roommate's dresser.  One night I was tired and hungry so I got my food out of the fridge and I put it on top of his dresser.  As soon as I did that he walked in the room and stared me down.  I could tell that he didn't like me using his dresser as a table so I moved my food to my side of the room, but noticed that he was still staring at me.  No matter what I said, he wouldn't stop so I never wanted to be in my room.  I would always hang out in the lounges at the school just to avoid him.  For the rest of the time that he and I were roommates it was very awkward for me."

Talk about creepy!!
Shawn works for Student Development and Campus Life at the Woodland park campus.  If you ever meet him, ask him if he thinks his roommate ever watched him sleep. (ha.ha)

Catch you next time,


Thanks for reading.


L.U.J

No comments:

Post a Comment