Thursday, May 15, 2008

Students Review on Online MBA Course

Before you sign up for an Online MBA Course, you may want to read through some studentҀs review about the Online MBA Course.

Most of the students who signed up for an MBA online, wanted to earn the MBA online but simply do not have the time needed demanded by a typical graduate school. If you are one of those people, then studying for an online MBA course may be the answer for you.

Most review by students agreed that an online MBA program is a viable way to earn the degree. Online MBA course accommodates working adults by offering flexible schedules, online study groups, and one-on-one chat sessions with professors.

In fact one students reviewed that he can attend class at two in the morning, which is very convenient to him. Many online MBA course do not require students to be ever on the actual campus. MBA courses at Robert Kennedy College and MBA courses at Aberdeen Business School are such examples. There are also others that require students to spend at least one semester on the campus. The students studying for all these online courses seem to be giving very good review about the courses that they are attending.

Online MBA course also allows you to take classes at your own pace. If you take two classes, spring, summer and fall, you can likely complete the whole MBA degree in 20 months. If you slow it down a bit, you may complete it in four years. You can also speed it up if you wanted to. This is also another aspect that most students gave positive review about the online courses that they are attending.

In another studentҀs review, Mike revealed that he enjoys doing his MBA online because it mimics a medium that he is very familiar with. He spends hours online on his work, and he wanted the facility, convenience that he is so used to in his works.

However, online MBA course is not for everyone. Review received from some students doing their MBA online has not been so positive for those who would prefer the traditional classroom learning and interaction with lecturers and friends.

The followings are some other studentsҀ review about the Online MBA course that they are attending or completed:

MBA graduate, Michael from Chicago reviewed, ӀI have just completed my MBA from Keller Online. Their courses were excellent along with the teachers. The web site was easy to navigate and allowed for email, chat rooms and lecture notes along with other material posted by the instructor. The biggest improvement came when the final exams were put online, before you had to arrange to take the final at one of their facilities. I agree with the other posts that you need good time management and be a self-starter. Good Luck!Ԁ

Another MBA student from Massachusetts reviewed: ӀI did my undergraduate (BA) work at the University of Owell. As I neared completion, I took two classes that were for that time frame, online. They were really more telnet than anything - but I enjoyed it.

ӀThen, as technology and my career progressed, I began a second degree with UML (by now Univerity of Massachusetts at Lowell) and did the majority of the classes on line toward a BS in Information Systems.

ӀAt the time, I was a Director of IT. Mid-way - I was encouraged to get a masters degree and work toward a promotion in my company and I bit. By this point, I was hooked on the on line educational model. I converted the BS credits to a certificate in IT and did an MBA on line exclusively via University of Phoenix. It was challenging material, demanding, exciting and supportive. It was not problematic in terms of technology, people, etc.

ӀThe only issue I faced was that the program was more intense than the online environment at UML (in part because of the compressed timelines). Once I was acclimated to the pace, however, it was great. I would do it again in a heart beat and am now finishing that BS at UML with only 3 classes to go - all online.Ԁ

Another MBA student from Chicago reviewed, ӀI am taking a program through Keller Graduate School of Management and am 3 classes into it. So far so good, but it is a lot of work and requires great time mgt skills.Ԁ


Penny, a current MBA student from Kingston reviewed, ӀI'm a senior systems analyst currently pursuing an MBA by Distance Education with the University of Leicester, with a specialization in Information Technology Management. I've just been doing it for 3 months but you have to have good time management skills to pursue a distance course while working. School assignments due, boss pressuring you to deliver, it can be stressful, but at the end of the day it will all be worth it.

Joe, an MBA student reviewed, ӀWith University of Southern Australia offering MBA studies online, I was able to conveniently continue and complete my MBA after I had moved interstate (and even when I was overseas briefly). Offering the MBA online gives great flexibility to continue study no matter where a person's career takes them around the world.

ӀWith so many organisations now going global, and so many collaborations performed internationally, teamwork and communications are increasingly being done remotely and electronically. Communicating online for group work projects and assignments is increasingly becoming typical of how many people conduct their professional business, and helps to develop the skills that will become increasingly important in future."

Jathin, an MBA student reviewed, ӀMy MBA experience at University of Southern Australia changed my business outlook and structured my thinking process. The campus facilities, staff/faculty contributions and participative class discussions, all made the experience an invaluable learning process.

ӀThe MBA provides the right managerial tools to identify the problems, analyze the situation and formulate the appropriate strategies to deliver the best customer value, yield higher than average stakeholder returns, and ensure employee satisfaction.Ԁ

Suzanne, a working mother reviewed, "As a working mother and wife my time is extremely valuable. The UW Consortium online MBA program allows me to work classes around my schedule, advance in my career, and still have time for my family."

Joshua, an MBA student reviewed, "I was really impressed at the effort made by Liberty UniversityҀs staff to keep in touch with me through the entire admissions process, making sure that I had the necessary resources available to me as I sought financial aid. It is a service that has continued long after my admittance and is quite unlike that of my experience as an undergraduate student of another university.

ӀHaving so many financial options available has allowed me to afford my education. Not only did I get aid through means of a grant and loans, but I was also able to take advantage of the new Liberty alumni benefit scholarship. In addition, I also received outside scholarship money through corporate assistance at my work׀a key factor in my decision to go back to school."

David, an MBA student reviewed, ӀWhen I graduated from college, the furthest thing from my mind was going back to school for graduate studies. However, as a Certified Public Accountant, I began to realize the need to continue my education with an MBA in order to distinguish myself from my colleaguesŀ.After looking into several online programs from respected institutions, I was most impressed with Liberty University.

ӀThe three most important things that impressed me about Liberty were the challenging programs, excellent professors, and spiritual perspective. The online program took my book knowledge and real-life experiences and projected them beyond what I thought imaginable."

Kellie, an MBA student reviewed, ӀAfter being out of school for ten years before pursuing my MBA degree, I was very overwhelmed with the online setting of distance learning. Two and a half years later, I am graduating with a 3.94 GPA. This has been an awesome milestone in my life."

Scott Campbell did his distance learning MBA from University of Leicester. This is what he has to say about the program.

ӀAfter doing some research it became apparent that the University of Leicester was a very good institution, I believe at the time it was nineteenth in the country. It seemed that the university had an exceptional distance learning programme, with dedicated staff, workshops and support through Blackboard. This was well above any other institution
I came across. I had also spoken to a number of contacts that had done, or were doing distance learning courses, and none of their courses could compare with what Leicester
was offering.

ӀMy main reason for studying was to expand my knowledge and skills; the second reason was for career progression. An MBA is a means of bringing all of that together and testing myself to see what I can achieve.

ӀThe summer schools are a great opportunity to interact with the lecturers and to network and meet fellow students, it also allows you to feel a part of the University. Blackboard is a fantastic tool and the electronic library is available to use for study as well as work.

ӀI would recommend the programme because of the dedicated staff and the systems in
place. As a distance learning student at Leicester, you feel a part of the process and feel valued.

ӀI have no doubt that obtaining an MBA will have a significant impact on my career.Ԁ

We believe that the studentsҀ review about their Online MBA Course is helpful to you in making your MBA choices. The benefits of MBA and getting an AMBA accredited MBA programs may also be an important criteria as to why you want to pursue an MBA, and all these should also be taken into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment